Changes to pension legislation.
· The lifetime allowance is currently £1.5 million, and will reduce to £1.25 million from 6th April 2014.
· The lifetime allowance is the maximum value of benefits that can be taken from a registered pension scheme without being subject to the lifetime allowance charge.
· Benefits in excess of the lifetime allowance could be protected from the lifetime allowance charge by using primary, enhanced or fixed protection.
· The lifetime allowance charge is 55% if the benefits in excess are taken as a lump sum, or 25% if they are taken as income.
· Fixed protection 2014 is available which enables members to keep the lifetime allowance at £1.5 million.
· HMRC estimates that 30,000 people will be immediately affected by this reduction with a further 360,000 affected over the longer term.
Please contact us immediately if you require our advice in this matter on 01698 456200 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
This website primarily provides existing clients with on-line services and information, but prospective clients are welcome to browse our pages to see what we offer.
The world of financial planning is a vast and complex place. By using our Independent Financial Advisers you will benefit from the knowledge, experience and professionalism of highly skilled individuals.
Our Independent Financial Advisers work from the whole of the market place to provide bespoke and tailor made solutions for all of our clients.
Whether you are looking for Corporate Benefits, a holistic and uniquely tailored financial planning service or simply advice on basic life assurance or ISAs, we are here to help.
For existing clients who wish to access the Caledonian Wealth Management Solution please click the icon on the right hand side of the screen.